Good morning class,
Okay, excuse me while I kiss the mail man…. right! Back to business! My Makeup Obsessives Beauty Box has arrived!
If you didn’t already know, Makeup Obsessives is a Facebook group dedicated to makeup chat. If you know me, you know I love to talk makeup, so naturally I’ve been a member of the page for quite some time and am lucky enough to know the creator Miss Kirsty Leigh who is just a great human and she often gives me blogging advice which I totally appreciate! ♥
Anyway, Kirsty has decided to jump on the beauty box bandwagon (and I am SO happy she has) and has created a Makeup Obsessives Beauty Box! It’s not a subscription like they usually are, but you pay a one off price which was $70 NZ including shipping this time round. I assume the prices may change depending on the content of the box. In this box there were over 15 full sized items and over 10 sample sized items. I found it difficult to distinguish between some of the full sizes and samples but I counted 16/17 full sized products and 19 samples all together (I could be wrong however).
These were super exclusive as there were only 80! So I’m feeling very lucky. Plus we all know exclusivity makes things just that little bit more exciting 😀
My box arrived SUPER fast after it was shipped (it came the next day) and it was a signature delivery which meant it would be safe and secure (I like that!).
Inside my box I received the following:
- Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil in Light It Up
- Maybelline Colour Show nail polish in Purple Gem
- Essence 3D eyeshadow in Irresistable Choco Cupcake
- Covergirl lipstick in Ravishing Rose
- Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Cream Eyeshadow in Sand Dollar
- Skinfood Light Moisturizer
- Moisture Mist Impressive Lash Mascara
- Weleda Skin Food
- Manuka Doctor Flawless Perfection for High Definition primer
- Lush Jason and the Argan Oil soild shampoo
- Garnier Moisture Match moisturizer
- Nude by Nature (I know it’s supposed to have all lower case letters but I honestly can’t stand that) Pressed Mineral Cover Foundation in Medium and the double sided brush.
- Makeup.co.nz makeup wipes
- Essie nail polish in Fall in Line
- Karen Murrell lipstick in True Love
- Australis Smokifeyes liner in Morning Haze
- The Body Shop Instablur primer
- Bronze Buffer Self-Tan remover (this is probably full size but I put it in my sample size picture so here we are)
- Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
- Le Tan Wash Off Bronze – instant tan
- Pureology Strength Cure Split End treatment
- Oasis BB Creams in The Bardot, The Hepburn, and The Monroe
- Dermalogica Precleanse and Antioxidant Hydramist
- Trilogy Active Enzyme Cleansing Cream
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Night Cream & Perfecting Facial Oil
- Skinfood Mud Masque & Exfoliating Scrub
- Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser & Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser
- Living Nature Sensitive Hydrating Toner, Day Moisturizer & Cleanser.
What am I MOST excited about?
I’m ecstatic about everything in the box pretty much, but these are some of the things that made me do a little squeal of excitement when I laid eyes on them.
1. I’m SO excited about the Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencil I ripped into it as SOON as I took the photo, smothered it all over my lips and promptly went to Life Pharmacy and bought two more shades.
2. The Nude By Nature foundation looks lovely but the BRUSH OMG. It feels like heaven. Like angels would use this brush. It feels incredible and it’s a really interesting shape.
3. I SWATCHED THE ESSENCE 3D EYESHADOW ITS AMAZING OMG BUY ONE PLZ. Honestly though, it looks amazing for a such a cheap brand and the two colours really compliment each other well. The lighter colour looks perfect for a browbone highlight.
4. Karen Murrell lipstick – every man and his dog have been talking about these lipsticks. I thought they’d be WAY overhyped and probably suck in real life. I was wrong. This lipstick applies so beautifully and smoothly and it smells divine. It smells like natural. It was the first thought I had when I opened it up. It literally smells natural.
5. Obviously The Body Shop Instablur was a huge excitement upon opening the box. Upon opening it and using it, my first impression is that it’s similar to the e.l.f mineral primer in clear. Which is a good thing, because I absolutely love that primer! I shall keep you posted on this one.
6. I’ve already opened and swatched the Elizabeth Arden cream eye shadow and it’s gorgeous. It’s actually amazing. I put it all over my lid and it looked subtle and radiant. I think it’ll be perfect for an on-the-go look when I sleep in (which is like every day).
7. The Lush shampoo bar looks really interesting and I’m excited to use it. I’m rather fussy when it comes to taming my Rapunzel locks so it will be cool to put this to the test! Plus, obviously, it smells really good.
8. The Essie nail polish is in the most perfect colour. It’s like a blue/grey colour and looks very on-trend. I can’t wait to give this one a go!
What am I not as excited about?
There’s always going to be SOMETHING in a beauty box subscription that you’re not excited about. It’s only natural and it is NOTHING against the company making the box.
Personally, I think Kirsty has done a fantastic job with the products in this box. She has even offered to try and REPLACED the items that don’t suit you, or that you don’t like – with colours that you prefer. WHAT!? There is no Beauty Box Subscription that would ever do that! She is amazing. Of course I refused that offer because I think the beauty of Beauty Boxes is that it’s a surprise. You don’t always get things you’re going to use all the time but it’s not hard to find other homes for those items. 95% of the products I will use and I don’t already own! However I’d be lying if I said I was ecstatic about everything. Here’s the few things I’m not jumping up and down for.
1. The Moisture Mist Impressive Lash mascara SIMPLY because I already have one! (and also another 100 unopened mascaras to use!) I might give this one to my mum.
2. The Maybelline Colour Show nail polish is gorgeous and in fact, the formula of these nail polishes are exceptional. However this shade doesn’t tickle my fancy. I think I’ll pop this one aside for a giveaway or something because as I said, the formulas are fantastic!
3. The Cover Girl lipstick is also not a flattering shade for me! I haven’t tried these lipsticks before but it applies really nicely and feels creamy and moisturizing, however it’s a little too frosty for my liking. The great thing is it’s exactly the type of shade my Aunty would lust after! So I’ll pass it on to her.
4. I’m not too sure about the Garnier moisturizer simple because their skin care (aside from the Micellar Water) makes me break out. Their products just don’t agree with me! I’ll give it a go and let you know, otherwise I’ll gift it to a friend! 🙂
And that’s it. That’s literally the only things in the entire box that aren’t making me feel like squeezing the box into a tight embrace until it bursts. Which, in my opinion, is pretty darn amazing.
For $70 this box is unreal. I think the value of the box to me REALLY outweighs the price. I know it’s got $300 worth of product in it, but often with beauty boxes you feel like you still wasted money because you received things you won’t use or aren’t your colour. Here, it’s not the case. I feel like I’ve got my money’s worth and far more. Kirsty, you’ve outdone yourself. 4 things out of a total of 26(?) products is pretty awesome.
If you are um-ing or ah-ing about whether or not you should purchase an MUO Beauty Box OR if you are looking for a Beauty Box to try out, I 100000% recommend this. You will NOT be disappointed.
If you have tried any of these products OR if you got an MUO Beauty Box too, OR if you want reviews on any of these products then PLEASE let me know! Comment down below or head over to my Facebook page for a chat! x